How to Optimize Your Content with Yoast SEO?
Optimizing your website is the best way to have a good rank in Google searches. SEO is the key whether it is on-page or off-page SEO. If you are using WordPress, SEO can be monetized easily with the help of the best SEO plugin which is called Yoast Plugin.
How to install the Yoast SEO plugin?
To install the Yoast SEO plugin, follow these steps:
- Open your WordPress website.
- Go to Plugins the new plugin in the left-side dashboard.
- Write Yoast in the search box, and click the search icon.
- You will find the Yoast plugin, click on install next to it, then on activate.
Congratulations, your plugin is ready to check the SEO and readability of your content.
How to use Yoast SEO to optimize your content?
The best way to optimize your content with Yoast SEO is by opening your article and start to edit it. Write your title and your article then scroll down. You will find the setting under the article itself.
Follow these steps to optimize your content with Yoast SEO:
- Type your focus keyword.
- Type your title(make sure that the title has the focus keyword)
- Write a meta description telling what your article is about( make sure that the meta has the focus keyword as well s some LSI keywords)
- Click on the arrow next to the SEO to see the metrics. You will find a green circle next to the ones which are applied correctly, an orange circle next to the ones that need more editing and improvements, and a red circle next to the metrics which are not applied yet. Try your best to make them all green.
What are Yoast SEO metrics?
In addition to your focused keyword, title, slug and meta description, there are more metrics which must be applied successfully on your content to be optimized including:
- Keyphrase in H2 and H3 subheadings: You must divide your content into subheadings H2 and H3 then include your keyphrase in them.
- Keyphrase in title
- Outbound links
- Image Keyphrase
- Internal links: You must include internal links in your content
- Keyphrase in introduction
- Keyphrase length
- Keyphrase density: This is the number of keywords that must be in your content.
- Keyphrase in the meta description
- Meta description length
- Previously used keyphrase
- Text length
- SEO title width
- Keyphrase in slug
What do we mean by readability?
Readability can be defined by how easy it is to read a certain content and understand what it is talking about. It is usually measured using many metrics including the length of the sentences, number of transitions, number of syllables in a sentence, length of paragraphs, subheading distribution, etc...
Yoast SEO can help you check the readability of your content, and tell you what must be fixed.
What are Readability metrics?
The readability features in Yoast SEO are many including:
- Flesch Reading Ease
- Passive voice
- Consecutive sentences
- Subheading distribution
- Paragraph length
- Sentence length
- Transition words
Make sure that you get good SEO and readability results for a better ranking for your website.